9 Week Introduction to Adult Ballet
Established in 1996, Adult Ballet at NBS is now one of the most popular recreational ballet programs in the Greater Toronto Area. Exceptional instruction, live piano accompaniment, state-of-the-art facilities and personal attention are the hallmarks of this program, which caters to adults of all ages and levels.
Why should you take Introduction to Adult Ballet at NBS?
- Adult ballet is an excellent form of exercise, promoting good health and emotional well-being – and it’s FUN!
- Every muscle is used and engaged in movement, while all aspects of the brain are utilized in developing logic
- (to learn steps), artistry (interpreting music) and memory (memorizing steps) – it’s GOOD for you!
- Classical music, played during a ballet class, encourages alpha wave development, which enhances creativity,
- thinking and combats depression – you FEEL good after class!
Join us in NBS’ beautiful studios on Jarvis Street.
Fall Dates: October 22 – December 17 (Sundays)
Teacher: Anne Cass
Stay tuned for details on our Winter and Spring Terms.
Tech-Neck Remedy: a workshop to alleviate the physical effects of technology use
This workshop will help you refresh your upper body , arms and hands after a day at the computer or on that cellphone.
Not just for dancers but designed for anyone who needs to rejuvenate their tired upper body.
The class will provide a series of easy to follow exercise phrases and a printout of those phrases will be available to participants.
Date and Time: Sunday, October 22, 2017 from 11:15am till 12:30pm
Price: $25 general public; $20 current NBS Adult Ballet Students
Location: Canada’s National Ballet School, 400 Jarvis Street