Every July, dance teachers are invited to Canada's National Ballet School for a professional development workshop. Experienced and celebrated NBS artistic staff share their approaches and ideas to inspire participants in teaching their own dance students. NBS Physiotherapist staff partner with NBS artistic staff in several sessions to lend their perspective on challenges and solutions faced in the studio.
- Four intensive days of classes, workshops, and interactive pedagogical lectures with NBS Faculty and guest teachers
- Practical sessions will illustrate how to incorporate material into your classes
- Pedagogical discussions with featured teachers will be enhanced with student demonstrators
- Opportunity to observe NBS professional ballet students in their Summer School Program
- Networking with local, national, and international colleagues
SUMMER 2018 IDEAS EXCHANGE - July 17-20 | Fee: $360
Join us as we explore effective teaching strategies for teaching students (ages 9-19) how to develop the use of the core to enhance and facilitate improved skills for dancers at all levels. Experienced and celebrated NBS artistic staff will share strategies they utilize daily to address this fascinating challenge. NBS' Physiotherapists will also partner with NBS artistic staff to add their perspective.
Registration will be open soon.