Every July, dance teachers are invited to Canada's National Ballet School for a professional development workshop. Experienced and celebrated NBS artistic staff share their approaches and ideas to inspire participants in teaching their own dance students. NBS Physiotherapist staff partner with NBS artistic staff in several sessions to lend their perspective on challenges and solutions faced in the studio.
- Four intensive days of classes, workshops, and interactive pedagogical lectures with NBS Faculty and guest teachers
- Practical sessions will illustrate how to incorporate material into your classes
- Pedagogical discussions with featured teachers will be enhanced with student demonstrators
- Opportunity to observe NBS professional ballet students in their Summer School Program
- Networking with local, national, and international colleagues
SUMMER 2018 IDEAS EXCHANGE - July 17-20 | Fee: $360
The Core of Dance
Join us from July 17-20 as we explore effective teaching strategies for guiding students (ages of 9-19) to develop the use of the core (i.e. the relationship between the ribcage and pelvis) to enhance and facilitate improved skills for dancers at all levels. Experienced and celebrated NBS artistic staff will share strategies they utilize daily to address this fascinating challenge. In several sessions NBS’ Physiotherapists will partner with NBS artistic staff to add their perspective.