SUMMER 2019 IDEAS EXCHANGE FOR DANCE TEACHERS July 16-19 | Fee: $365
Ballet Coaching in Today's World
Canada's National Ballet School's (NBS) four-day Ideas Exchange for Dance Teachers is an ideal way to renew your inspiration to share your expertise with your students.
Join us from July 16-19 as we explore challenges inherent in coaching young dancers. Discussions will focus on bringing choreography to life, whether you are guiding students to prepare for performances, exams, competitions and/or professional careers. Each day will allow you an opportunity to:
- Participate in a ballet class with fellow teachers
- Observe full-time NBS students in training classes and coaching sessions
- Join in pedalogical discussions focussed on coaching dancers from ages 12-17
- Compare views through a panel discussion focussed on the 'merits and pitfalls' of the world of competition, while also hearing from NBS faculty involved in judging international competitions.
WORKSHOP HIGHLIGHT: JAMES KUDELKA
Observe NBS Alumnus and world-renowned choreographer James Kudelka, O.C., workshopping new material for a full-length classical ballet that he is creating especially for NBS students to premiere in May 2020, an inaugural experience for NBS students and the School. Following rehearsals, James will discuss his approach to creating new choreography and the ways that he guides student-dancers through the process. James is among today’s most versatile and innovative dance artists. He has choreographed for many of the world’s leading ballet companies as well as for smaller, contemporary troupes.
All Participants are eligible to receive credit towards annual Continuing Professional Development
Number of contact hours:
- 20-24 hours of observations (RAD members - eligible for Independent hours in blocks of 2 hours per day)
- 8 hours of active participation (RAD members - eligible for 8 Time Valued hours)
All at NBS hope you will join us for what we believe will be a stimulating and uplifting four days of Ideas Exchange for Teachers.