Protocols for the Associates Program
Canada's National Ballet School has put enhanced health and safety measures in place for all students and staff.
Please note that due to the evolving nature of the pandemic, and resulting requirements and guidelines from public health agencies, protocols are subject to change at any point throughout the 2021/22 season.
For the Associates Program, these protocols include, but are not limited to:
Entering and exiting the building
- In accordance with Ontario’s Ministry of Health and Toronto Public Health guidelines, to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, NBS will require all eligible staff and students coming onsite to be vaccinated. Exemptions will be granted to those who are legally entitled (e.g., medical or religious reasons) with appropriate documentation.
- Unvaccinated AP students 12+ with an approved exemption must conduct a rapid test no more than 48 hours before coming onsite.
- Unvaccinated AP students who are not yet eligible or unvaccinated due to an approved exemption may be subject to regular testing and different directives than vaccinated students in the case of a COVID situation.
- All staff and participants must provide a completed Health Declaration Agreement electronically before entering the building. Before entering the building, participants must screen themselves for symptoms as described in the health declaration.
- Only students will be granted entrance to the building – parents/guardians must drop students off at their designated entry point and will not be able to enter.
- In order to prevent congestion at entrances, participants will be provided a specific entry point to the building as well as a designated arrival time. The same process will be applied for exiting the building.
- Participants are required to wear a mask while traveling through the building.
- Enhanced handwashing/sanitizing practices are required, details will be provided upon registration.
- Access to changing areas is not permitted, as such, participants are required to arrive at NBS wearing their dancewear under their street clothes. Plastic bags will be provided upon arrival to store personal belongings.
- Participants are asked to travel directly to and from class. Each cohort of participants will have a designated pathway to their studio.
- The size of classes will be determined by the capacity of the studio dancers will be working in, ensuring they will be able to physical distance. Class sizes are reduced to facilitate physical distance and a reduction of visitors onsite.
- Participants will be assigned a place at the barre, which will be marked on the wall with tape. This will be the participants’ home base while in the studio.
- Once settled in their designated spaces, participants will be allowed to remove their masks, if they feel comfortable doing so. Teachers and musicians will keep their mask on during the class. Participants’ will be asked to put their mask on before leaving the studio for any reason. Please note that masking requirements are subject to change at any given time in response to guidance from public health agenciess.
If you have any questions about these protocols, please contact email@example.com
Return to main NBS updates and protocols page