Protocols for the Professional Ballet-Academic Program
Canada's National Ballet School has put enhanced health and safety measures in place for all students and staff. For the Professional Ballet-Academic Program, these protocols include those specific to dance training, academics, and residence. These include, but are not limited to:
- In accordance with Ontario’s Ministry of Health and Toronto Public Health guidelines, to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, NBS will require all eligible staff and students coming onsite to be vaccinated. Exemptions will be granted to those who are legally entitled (e.g., medical or religious reasons) with appropriate documentation.
- All staff and participants must provide a completed Health Declaration Agreement electronically before entering School buildings. Before entering the buildings, participants must screen themselves for symptoms as described in the health declaration.
- Hiring of an NBS Nurse Practitioner who will provide guidance and expertise in monitoring student health
- Staff training on all protocols
- Enhanced and extensive cleaning schedule in all buildings
- Assigned and staggered entry and exit times for students
- Assigned cohorts consistent across dance training, academics and residence
- Extensive physical distancing measures with staff supervision
- Masks required when moving through buildings
- Designated washrooms for cohorts
- Handwashing/sanitizing guidelines and education
- Extensive signage posted throughout buildings outlining protocols
- Blend of in-person and online instruction when appropriate
- Detailed plans for welcoming international students, including arrival and quarantine plans
- Thorough Outbreak Plan
The above provides brief highlights of NBS' protocols for the Professional Ballet-Academic Program, but does not capture the full extent of the protocols in place. Professional Ballet-Academic Program students and families have been provided with detailed documents and orientations about NBS' return to campus protocols.
If you have any questions about these protocols, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Return to main NBS updates and protocols page