March 11, 2020
Coronavirus updates and preparedness at NBS
At Canada’s National Ballet School (NBS), the health and safety of our community—including staff, students and visitors—is our first priority. We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 (also known as the coronavirus) situation in Toronto and around the world, and consulting with the appropriate public health agencies including Toronto Public Health (TPH). NBS is prepared with detailed plans and procedures should the risk level change in the Greater Toronto Area.
NBS is taking additional steps to ensure the continued health and safety of all staff, students and visitors. These include:
- Increased frequency in wiping down shared surfaces, which include, but are not limited to, ballet barres, handrails, door handles, chairs, tables etc.
- Numerous educational signage throughout the building about protecting yourself and others through healthy hygiene habits
To help keep the NBS community healthy, we ask that students, staff and visitors who are feeling ill stay home for rest and recuperation. Family members who accompany students inside the School must abide by the same guidelines.
Staff, students and families considering overseas travel should consult the Public Health Agency of Canada’s website for the most up-to-date travel advisories. The Public Health Agency of Canada is closely monitoring the spread of COVID-19 in other countries and the latest travel advisories can be found on the travel.gc.ca destination page
For those returning from travelling abroad, please consult the Public Health Agency of Canada’s website for the latest and most accurate advice on how to monitor your health when returning to Canada.
How to protect yourself and others against flu strains
Good health habits are an important way to help prevent all flu strains, including COVID-19. Help protect yourself and those around you by:
More details on COVID-19 prevention and detection
- Frequently washing your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth, especially with unwashed hands
- Staying home if you are sick or feeling any flu-like symptoms
- When coughing or sneezing:
- cover your mouth and nose with your arm or tissues to reduce the spread of germs
- immediately dispose of any tissues you have used into the garbage as soon as possible and wash your hands afterwards
Canada’s National Ballet School will continue to update this page with additional news or updates for the NBS community regarding the COVID-19 situation. We understand that members of our community may have questions or concerns around the COVID-19 situation, and are encouraged to refer to the websites below. For any NBS-specific concerns, please direct your query to: email@example.com
We encourage all members of our community to continue to consult the following trusted online resources: