The Sharing Dance Older Adults – Community Class iPad Incentive (the “Contest
) held by Canada’s National Ballet School (NBS) begins on November 8, 2021 at 12:00pm (noon) Eastern Standard Time (EST) and ends on December 17, 2021 at 11:59pm Eastern Standard Time (EST). The contest is accessible through www.oa.sharingdance.ca
and the Baycrest NBS Sharing dance older adults app available through Google Play or the App Store.
Entering the Contest is free. Any individual who rents the Community Class Package between the aforementioned contest period will automatically be entered into the draw. Alternately, registrants can enter by calling 416.964.3780 x2114 or e-mailing email@example.com
to provide their full name, phone number, and why/how the iPad will be used to engage/support their older adults populations.
A limit of one (1) entry per registrant will be accepted. All entries must be submitted no later than the Contest closing date.
All entries become the sole property of NBS and will not be returned. NBS is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number. By entering/registering for the program, entrants who provide consent will receive future emails from NBS for informational and promotional purposes. Renting of the product or alternate verbal/written completion of the alternate entry method is necessary for an entrant’s chance of winning.
By entering, entrants agree to abide by these rules and all decisions of NBS, which are final in all matters relating to this Contest.
To be eligible to enter this Contest, an individual must rent the Autumn 2021: Community Class – In Your Seat or On Your Feet package. Contestant must be a resident of Canada (with the exclusion of Quebec).
NBS employees and their immediate family members (defined as parents, children, siblings, spouse), and employees of any organization formally in partnership with NBS in the development of Sharing Dance Older Adults, are not eligible to win the Contest.
The winner will be selected at random from the individuals who rented the Community Class Package and/or who submitted a written application between the aforementioned contest dates.
- The winner will be selected in a random drawing on January 7, 2022 among all eligible entries by NBS.
- NBS will notify the winner explicity via e-mail
- Individuals will have three (3) weeks to claim prize, if no response is received, a new winner will be selected at random.
- If no eligible contestants, no winner will be deemed. NBS to either run contest again for the Winter sessions or use iPad for another purpose all together.
- There is one (1) iPad (8th Generation) Wi-Fi 32GB, Model A2270 to be won
- The approximate retail value (ARV) = $429 (before tax)
- The eligible winner must be +18 years of age and work for an organization. Proof of employment may be required.
- The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- In order to win the prize, the entrant must sign a declaration which
- (i) provides NBS with the entrant’s full name (printed) and signature,
- (ii) contains the correct answer to the skill-testing question (which must be answered by the entrant without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise), and
- (iii) contains a statement that the entrant has read, understood and complied with these Official Contest rules and the entrant is eligible to enter according to the Official Contest Rules
- (iv) grants NBS permission to use the winner’s/registrant’s name, likeness, and area of residence for the purposes of print, broadcast, digital or other advertising without further compensation
- In the event that the winner has not yet reached the age of 18 years or the age of majority in the winner’s province or territory of residence, then the winner’s parent/legal guardian must sign the declaration to confirm compliance and consent with these Official Contest Rules and to accept the prize on behalf of the minor, and provide a release and indemnity pursuant.
- The prize will only be awarded upon winner validation and verification. If a selected entrant is unable or unwilling to comply with these Contest rules, the entry will be disqualified and another entry will be randomly drawn from the remaining eligible entries.
- No cash alternative or substitution of the prize is provided, except that NBS, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the prize is unavailable for any reason.
- NBS will mail the Prize to the winner’s mailing address via courier.
- Any additional costs (mobile or data charge, or additional mail handling fees) and any applicable taxes associated with the prize and incurred by the winner are the sole responsibility of the winner and not the responsibility of NBS.
Chances of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received. An unclaimed prize will not be awarded. The prize is non-transferable and must be accepted as awarded, without substitution. NBS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a prize with another prize of equivalent or greater value if necessary for any reason. No response from email notification after three attempts, or return of email notification as undeliverable after three attempts, or pick up of prize that is unclaimed after four weeks will be determined as an unclaimed prize and will result in forfeit of prize. An alternate winner will be selected by NBS through the same means of random draw selection.
All federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations apply. Awarding of the prize is subject to verification of the winner. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable or determination by NBS that the selected entrant is ineligible will result in disqualification. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission to NBS to use the winner's name and area of residence and/or likeness for the purposes of advertising without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. By accepting his/her prize, the winner agrees to hold harmless NBS and its respective affiliates, governors, employees, advertising and promotion agencies and assigns against any and all claims and liability (including, but not limited to, liability for any property loss, damage, personal injury or death) arising out of use of the prize. By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by the official rules and the decisions of NBS.
Winner List and Official Rules
A winner list will be available 15 business days after the draw of the Contest. To receive a copy of the winner list, please send your request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
. All requests must be received no earlier than November 8, 2021 and no later than December 17, 2021.