Dance is a powerful, yet underutilized embodied learning tool that can encourage young women to further invest in and explore their leadership potential. Canada's National Ballet School's LEAD: Leadership, Empowerment, Action, Dance is a free three-day workshop led by professional artists and community mentors that empowers participants, aged 16-25, who identify as female, two-spirit and/or genderqueer, to take on leadership roles in their community.
With dance as a foundation, this program helps young women explore leadership theory and practice. Through active workshops, dance classes, facilitated discussions and peer networking, the program fosters confidence and competence, empowering young women to make a difference through dance and supporting them in taking on leadership roles – now and into the future.
Through the workshop, young women:
- Participate in dance workshops led by professional and emerging female dance artists who represent diverse styles and practices
- Increase awareness of the important benefits of regular physical activity
- Collaborate and communicate with peers from across Canada
- Learn how community arts initiatives can be a catalyst for positive change in their community
- Are empowered to recognize their potential as leaders and creator
Stay tuned for information about upcoming opportunities in 2022.
If you have any questions about NBS LEAD, please contact Megan Ferris at firstname.lastname@example.org