FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Where is the 2020 NBS Gala being held?
What is the Gala dress code?
- For the first time, Canada’s National Ballet School’s (NBS) the annual Gala will be held on campus. Guests will arrive and check in at the Celia Franca Centre (400 Jarvis Street) before observing a student ballet performance at the Betty Oliphant Theatre (404 Jarvis Street). Guests will return to the main building for the remainder of the evening.
When do tickets go on-sale?
- Black-tie optional: choose between formal attire, dressy separates, or a cocktail attire. Be sure to make it Vibrant!
- For inspiration, check out the GALA 60 VIBRANT Pinterest page.
What type of payment do you accept and how can I purchase?
- All Gala tables and tickets are available to purchase online, by phone or email. To purchase online, go to the BUY NOW page. To pledge by phone or email, contact Chelsea Ireton at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-964-3780 x2205.
- Online Payments
- Credit Card
- Cheque – please make your cheque payable to Canada’s National Ballet School and mail to:
Manager, Development & Partnership Events
Canada's National Ballet School
400 Jarvis Street, Toronto ON Canada M4Y 2G6
I’m a young patron (under 40). What are my ticket options?
I’d like to attend the Vibrant Party but am not a young patron (under 40). Are there ticket options for me?
- NBS’ First Position Patrons will be hosting a special ticket group for all young patrons (under 40) to attend for the student ballet performance, followed by a cocktail reception and late-night party. Vibrant Party Tickets for young patrons include access from 7:30pm onward, and host food and beverages throughout the evening. Tickets are limited due to seating capacity in the Betty Oliphant Theatre. Tickets do not qualify for a tax receipt.
I want to host a group of clients. What are my ticket options?
- A limited number of tickets have been reserved for members of the NBS community who do not fall under the age of 40, but who wish to attend. General Admission Vibrant Party Tickets include access from 7:30pm onward, starting with a student ballet performance, and followed by a cocktail reception and late-night party. Host food and beverages will be provided throughout the evening. Tickets do not include dinner, and do not qualify for a tax receipt.
Will there be a student ballet performance?
- Group sales are available for both the Vibrant Dinner and the Vibrant Party in groups of 10. Dinner Groups start at $6,500 (Half Corps de Ballet Table, 5 seats) and include a student performance, cocktail reception, full-course dinner, and vibrant party. Party Group Packages are $1,700 (10 Tickets) and include a student performance, cocktail reception, and vibrant party.
What are the different ticket options, arrival times and inclusions?
- Yes. All dinner and party guests will have access to attend one of two performances taking place in the Betty Oliphant Theatre. Access and entry for each performance will be staggered based on ticket level, and communicated to guests closer to the event. Both performances will be identical. Photography is not permitted. No late-admission.
- 5:30pm Entry: includes student performance, cocktail reception, full-course dinner, vibrant party, and partial tax receipt.
- $50,000 – Étoile Table
- $25,000 – Principal Table
- $12,500 – Corps de Ballet Table
- $6,500 – Corps de Ballet Half Table
- $1,500 – Individual Dinner Ticket
How do I get to the Gala?
- 7:30pm Entry: includes student performance, cocktail reception, and vibrant party. No tax receipt.
- $1,700 – Party Group (10 Tickets)
- $200 – Party General Admission
- $175 – Party Young Patrons
Where should I park and is parking free?
- Canada’s National Ballet School is located at 400 Jarvis Street. Closest subway stops are Wellesley Station at Yonge (walk south east to NBS), and College Station at Yonge (walk north east to NBS).
Do I need tickets to check into the event?
- Valet parking is free for all guests. More details to come closer to the event.
PLEASE NOTE: Some areas of the NBS campus are accessible by stairs.
- No tickets will be issued to this event. Table guests and ticket holders can check in upon arrival using their last name, or table name.
Patrons requiring wheelchair or other special-needs seating or access routes are asked to contact Samantha Bordignon at email@example.com
or 416-964-3780 x2123, so that we can coordinate the best available alternatives to meet your needs.