Canada’s National Ballet School (NBS) believes that everyone should have access to high-quality dance programs, encouraging people to engage artistically, and reap the health and social benefits that dance provides.
NBS’ Take the Lead
empowers young women aged 16 to 25 to make a positive impact in their communities through the arts. With dance as a foundation, the FREE three-day workshop explores leadership theory and practice, and fosters skills and confidence to support participants in taking on leadership roles – now and into the future.
Through participation in the workshop, young women will:
• Participate in dance workshops by leading and emerging female dance artists
who represent diverse styles and practices
• Increase awareness of the important benefits of regular physical activity
• With the support of mentors, create a movement piece addressing an issue
important to them and their community
• Collaborate and communicate with peers from across Canada
• Learn how community arts initiatives can be a catalyst for positive change in
• Further develop their leadership, communication, and social and emotional skills
• Learn about NBS’ available online tools and supports
Date: February 14-16, 2020
Schedule: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm with lunch provided
Location: Canada’s National Ballet School, 400 Jarvis Street, Toronto
To apply for the workshop, please complete the online survey and application form by January 10, 2020. No formal dance experience is required.
Registration for the workshop will open in mid-January, 2020. A select number of scholarships are available to cover travel and accommodation costs for National applicants. To apply for travel funding, complete the online application by January 10th.
Travel Funding Application Form
If you have any questions about the workshop, please contact Megan Ferris at firstname.lastname@example.org